- This event has passed.
Introduction to spatial analysis of ecological data using R (ISPE01)
29 July 2019 - 2 August 2019
The aim of the course is to introduce you to a spatial data processing, analysis, and visualization capabilities of the R programming language. It will teach a range of techniques using a mixture of lectures, computer exercises and case studies.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Understand the basic concepts of spatial data analysis
- Know R’s spatial capabilities
- Understand how to import a range of spatial data sources into R
- Be confident with using R’s command-line interface (CLI) for spatial data processing
- Be able to perform a range of attribute operations (e.g. subsetting and joining), spatial operations (e.g. distance relations, topological relations), and geometry operations (e.g. clipping, aggregations)
- Understand coordinate reference systems (CRSs), be able to decide which CRS to use, and how to reproject spatial data
- Know how to visualize the results of a spatial analysis in the form of static and interactive maps
- Have the confidence to apply spatial analysis skills to their own projects
Full details can be found using the link below